Ryan Singer from Basecamp - What we need from design in a leadership level
For this conversation, we focused on the strategic side of design, which is called “the shaping track” in Ryan’s book. You’ll learn about the different skills needed for strategy versus hands-on design; as well as his journey from web designer to head of strategy.
- Find Ryan’s book: “Shape Up: Stop Running in Circles and Ship Work that Matters”
- Read: “The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth” by Clayton M. Christensen
- Bob Moesta’s “Jobs to be done” method
- Ryan and Bob’s workshop “Developing Successful New Products” August 28-29
- Read: “Competing Against Luck: The Story of Innovation and Customer Choice” by Clayton M. Christensen